CATALYSTS’ TOWN HALL SERIES (on Zoom)
Our Homes and Cities are Under Attack
Hosted by Susan Kirsch, Director, Catalysts for Local Control
Town Hall #1
Assembly Member Marc Levine, North Bay, District 10
What About Water?
Rick Johnson, Sr.Mgr, SF Water Department, ret.
The legislators who push for more housing are ignoring the forecasts and consequences of drought. By 2050 California expects a population increase of 10 million people (25%) and increased occurrences of drought. Conversion of farm land to urban use and lack of water will result in decreased food supplies and increased prices.
- Email the Chair (Joaquin Esquivel) and Vice Chair (Dorlene D’ Adamo) of the CA State Water Resources Board. Express your concern about the incompatibility of a drought and unrealistic housing mandates.
- Send a cc to the CA Regional Water Resources Board Chairman (District 2 Jim McGrath) and your legislators. Copies of a sample letter can be downloaded here: PDF format or Text format
- Talk to others about what you’ve learned in the Catalysts’ Town Hall.
2. Regional Water Board: https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/about_us/contact_us/rwqcbs_directory.html
3. State Senator : https://www.senate.ca.gov/senators
4. Assembly: https://www.assembly.ca.gov/assemblymembers