This page contains links to documents and news articles related to the litigation by four charter and two general law cities against SB-9 and the proposed litigation against HCD (Housing and Community Development) regarding the audit of the RHNA numbers.
- Part 1: Why a Campaign to Sue the State? (November 3, 2022)
- Part 2: A Systematic Approach to Reach the Goal. (November 10, 2022)
- Part 3: From Victim Mentality (“our hands are tied”) to Making a Difference! (November 17, 2022)
- Part 4: Critical Next Steps.(December 1, 2022)
Town Hall Series
- Part 1: Pam Lee on SB-9 and RHNA Lawsuits (August 10, 2022)
- Part 2: Michael Barnes on RHNA (August 24, 2022)
- Part 3: Bob Silvestri on Housing Policies (September 7, 2022)
- Part 4: Mike Griffiths and John Cruikshank on Joining the Lawsuit (September 21, 2022)
- 2022 Town Hall Series Press Releases (#1 Aug 2, 2022) (#2 Aug 18, 2022) (#3 Sept 2, 2022) (#4 Sept 15, 2022)
RHNA Audit Resources
- SCAG RHNA Objection Letter
- HCD SCAG RHNA Response Letter
- Glazer Request for RHNA Audit
- RHNA-Audit Report
- CALE Press Release
- RHNA Consequences of Noncompliance
- Articles and Blogs
- Michael Goldman, Ridiculous RHNA (“Ree-na”) (Part I) (Part II) (Part III)
- Michael Barnes, “The mandate that Berkeley build 8,934 housing units is both a disaster and a scam.”
- Dick Spotswood, State auditor’s analysis elevates concern about housing mandate.
- Marin Independent Journal: Flawed, flaky data of housing assessment creates questions.
- Susan Kirsch, Following audit, changes must be made to state housing needs allocation.
- Bob Silvestri, RHNA State Audit and Potential Lawsuit by California Cities and Counties
- Art Kiesel, Inflated RHNA Numbers Lead to Ruin