A Special Catalysts Zoom Call!
Monday, March 28, 2022, 5:00-6:00 pm
Special Guest Rishi Kumar in conversation with Host Susan Kirsch spoke about the new housing laws and his candidacy for the new 16th Congressional District.
A copy of the Chat file for the meeting is here.
- An independent member of the Saratoga City Council, re-elected with the most votes in 64 years of city history.
- Candidate for U.S. Congress District 16 to replace Anna Eshoo.
- Rishi and his wife, both high-tech industry professionals, raised their two boys and found their American dream in Saratoga. They also discovered deep joy in giving back, solving the problems of their community and helping to better people’s lives.
Some of the questions that were discussed
- Cities throughout the Bay Area are facing the State deadline to identify housing sites for the upcoming RHNA cycle. How should City Councils respond?
- How should we respond to the State Audit that discredits the work of HCD.and their RHNA methodology?
- As in previous years, state legislators are producing more housing bills. Which ones should constituents be watching and what can they do?
- What is the nexus between outsider investment money and affordable housing?
For more information about Rishi Kumar and his candidacy for the 16th Congressional District, visit his website at https://rishikumar.com.
Excellent discussion and comments on the hidden agenda on housing. I wish more people knew these details. Sacramento is so corrupt. We need to elect more politicians like Rishi that will work for us instead of incumbents funded by special interests.
Thanks for keeping the meeting moving and on track.